1. JOB PURPOSE
- Develop and maintain software for desktop and embedded operating systems.
2. KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Develop and test software components that are well-structured, well-defined, and maintainable.
- Debug Nikon Laser Radar software and its interaction with third-party systems.
- Contribute as a member of a self-organizing development team that collectively plans work, continuously improves its processes and tools.
3. ANCILLARY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Troubleshoot complex systems consisting of software and measurement device hardware, which requires autonomous problem solving.
- Judge the design quality of software components, and autonomously design smaller software components.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of the team by actively gaining and sharing expertise.
- Write clear and precise code documentation and write specifications for smaller developments.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering with a minimum of 2 years professional experience.
- Full professional proficiency in English, written and spoken.
- Strong background in mathematics and/or computer graphics / computational geometry
- Practical programming experience in C++ and at least one other high level programming language (i.e. C#, Python, Matlab). When recently graduated, course work in object-oriented programming is sufficient.
- Knowledge of common object-oriented design patterns.
- Experience with systems-level programming & debugging on an embedded operating system.
- Experience with Windows desktop GUI application programming
- Experience with commonly used software development workflow tools
A) Functional competencies
- Master of the C++ language. Uses development tools efficiently.
- Understand the application domain of Nikon’s metrology products, as well as the internal structure of the relevant application software code base.
- Fluently use object-oriented design patterns.
- Good oral and written communication skills when working with internal team members and external customers.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Occasional travel, including weekend days
Why Nikon Metrology?
Joining Nikon Metrology is joining a global company and becoming part of the future, giving you the opportunity to enter into a career where you can help to shape and define innovation.
As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin or because he or she is an individual with a disability or disabled veteran, Armed Forces service medal veteran, recently separated veteran, or active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran, or thereinafter referred collectively as “protected veterans”.